Íslandsvinurinn Peter Suber skrifar í Guardian um sex helstu goðsagnir og misskilning ýmiskonar varðandi opinn aðgang:
Open access to research is still held back by misunderstandings repeated by people who should know better, says Peter Suber.
1) The only way to provide open access to peer-reviewed journal articles is to publish in open access journals [..]
2) All or most open access journals charge publication fees [..]
3) Most author-side fees are paid by the authors themselves [..]
4) Publishing in a conventional journal closes the door on making the same work open access [..]
5) Open access journals are intrinsically low in quality [..]
6) Open access mandates infringe academic freedom [..]